As I write this, my two sweet little guys lay in their beds, dreaming about toy cars and Legos… I sit here observing the house…or what’s left of it anyway. Couch cushions on the floor from a torn down fort. Blocks scattered around the floor, because Godzilla attacked their mini city. I should be sitting here sighing because I have to clean it all up… but I don’t. This mess just reminds me of how much I love having two boys.
- Instead of watching TV, I have them! – There are so many different shows that other Moms have suggested I binge watch… but nothing beats peering around the corner to see what those two are up to. First, I get front row seats to my own WWE match! These boys know how to wrestle and they are only 2 and 5. Of course I watch to make sure no one gets hurt, but the moves that they make are insane! The body slams and head butts… where in the world did they learn this? Secondly, I get to watch my own soap opera, right from the comforts of my own home! I get to see the reason why Christian thinks that Adam is stealing his one and only Pokémon stuffed animal. Was it revenge? Was it because Christian took his favorite Hot Wheels car last week? Who knows…? We will just have to see what unfolds in the next episode of “The Young and the Meanie”.
2. I Am a Superhero! – As the Geeky Mama, my geekiness is always peeking out at different times, but when I am around them, it comes out full force! I personally love all the Marvel movies and so do my boys. I am able to share this interest by dressing up with old sheets found in our corner closet. Tying the sheet ever so carefully around their neck so that they can zoom around the house with their long flowing capes. During this time I am not Mom… I AM SUPER MOM with my two trusted sidekicks!!
3. Brotherly Love– My oldest son who is 5, Christian, is being assessed right now for Autism and Asperger’s. He has a hard time communicating sometimes which usually ends up in a tantrum of some sort. I am thinking that my youngest is getting used to this. Many times I have seen him go up to his older brother and try to comfort him. This shows me how much he loves him. Watching the love between the two, really shows me the meaning of “brotherly love”…. Even if it means Adam has to sit on Christian’s face to get him to stop screaming! (True story…)
4. Twins– They aren’t twins, but having two boys, and no girls means this mama needs to dress someone up, am I right? This is the reason why their closet and drawers are full of matching clothes. I don’t do it all the time, but when I do… It’s pretty dang adorable if I do say so myself! Haircuts, shorts, shirts, socks, hats, all the same. My youngest actually loves matching his brother. It seems to be that since he hit his terrible two’s, he is jealous of everything his older brother has. Clothing included!
5. Mama’s Boy– There is nothing like having your child give you hugs and kisses all day. Even though my oldest doesn’t do this, I know in my heart, from his smiles that he loves his mama. Girls are to be daddy’s girls but since I have my two handsome little guys, they are Mommy’s babies… I love being able to teach them about chores and how women should be treated with respect. Nothing beats seeing their face light up when they see you.
Many people told me how hard it would be to have two boys. I was honestly scared to see what it would look like. I would never change having my baby boys. Two is definitely better than one!
Meet The Blogger: My name is Ashley, I am 28, with 2 young boys. Christian is my little shy gamer, who is 5 and Adam is my future football player, who is 2. I have been married to my hubby for 3 years! We live in Mesa, Arizona. I am an Expert Contributor for Thebabyspot.ca and a Regional Manager for the PhoenixKids.com Network!
Disclaimer: All photos provided by The Geeky Mama Blog