The holidays bring out gift guides galore filled with hundreds of super awesome gift ideas for busy moms, fit moms, the foodie mom and all moms alike.
You know the guides I’m talking about right? The ones that we stare at and think of man I’d really love this food processor in my kitchen!! Hi5 – this would be an amazing Christmas present, uhhhhhh no.
Those guides are great in theory as a wish list of crap that every mom could ever imagine and want – but to say it’s what I want for Christmas, nah.
So what does Mom really want for Christmas this year??? I’m sure I’m not the only one who is over the sweaters, purses, jewelry and kitchen gadgets and the likes of other “mom” gifts – which really mean household crap that you can’t justify buying throughout the year!!
1. For Santa and all his elves to gift wrap all the freaking gifts. Okay, some help from Dad would be nice. I want to be able to find a pen in this house. And my scissors and tape. Why are the scissors in the garage? And the tape. Seriously. Who keeps stealing the tape?
2. Some vodka and pizza to make it through this evening because we waited until the last-minute to get organized. No cookies and milk for this momma!!! Stop, leave the cookies!!! I do actually want those.
3. Would it be too much to ask for the kids to forget it’s Christmas morning and sleep in until 8am?
4. I’d love to use the washroom peacefully before the shrieking with excitement starts. And I’d like some Advil, please! Oh, and maybe 5 minutes to allow my eyes to peel open long enough to focus on what’s right in front of me.
5. For all that damn wrapping paper to find its way into a trash bag. Even if it only lasts 10 minutes. This is a little slice of heaven.
6. As mom’s, I’m sure we can all agree that we spend a great part of dinner serving the plates to children that we often end up eating our meal last, and when it’s cold. Wouldn’t it be nice if someone served our plate and we ate it hot for once and before we were out of stuffing!!
7. At the end of the day, all we really want it to sit back, relax and enjoy the happiness of the holidays with our families.
So with that being said, to all moms alike, I hope you truly get to spend some quality time with your families this holiday season.